Library services have migrated to the west side of Flory during our renovation and the transformation to the John Kenny Forrer Learning Commons. During our stay in Flory you will still have access to
Part of the collection has moved to Flory, including Browsing books, Newspapers, DVDs, CDs, and Reserves.
The main General Collection and the Juvenile collection are currently closed to the public, but will be available through checkout through a hold system.
While library services are in West Side Flory, the General Collection and Juvenile Collection will be closed to public access. We have implemented a Hold System in order for you to request item to be pulled from the closed collection. Below are the directions to place a hold on an item.
Policies for Hold Request include:
If you would like to see a print issue of one of our magazine or journals, you can put a hold on that issue just like you can with one of our books. The Holds form will only work for BC faculty, staff, and students. Community patrons should contact email@example.com to request access to an item.
Questions about journals available for holds can also be directed to Roberta Lowe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Search for the item in ALEX Discovery like you would normally do. Click on the title of the item. Scroll until you see the library's print holdings for the journal, above the holding summary you should see a Place Hold button.
2. When you click on the Place Hold button, it should ask for your BC username and password. Then, you should see the Hold Request form. Scroll through the list of issues until you find the one you need. If the date of the issue is nested with others (see example below), enter the exact date/issue you would like in the "Item Descriptions/Notes" box.
3. You will receive an email confirming your hold and a second email when it is ready to pick up in Flory.
4. Holds can be managed in your Library Account or by calling the circulation desk.
*Holds are only available for Bridgewater Faculty, Staff, and Students. Community Patrons will need to call or email the Circulation desk to request an item from the collection.
1. Search for the item in ALEX Discovery, like you would normally do. Click on the Title of the item.
2. Once you find the item you need, above the call number you will see a Hold Button. Click on the button. It will ask you to sign in with your BC username and password.
3. Fill out the Hold Request form. You do not need to enter the Date information.
4. You will receive an confirmation email when your hold is received.
5. We will email you again when your hold is read to be picked up.
6. Holds can be managed in your Library account, or by calling the circulation desk.